If you like chia pudding, you’ve probably tried various chocolate recipes already, but have you tried matcha powder for a fresh and invigorating taste? Matcha (powdered green tea leaves) has become one of my favorite ways to add a little invigorating freshness to my chia puddings!
Rich in antioxidants, matcha is a powerful ingredient with many health benefits. I love matcha pudding as an afternoon snack – it gives me a boost of energy and helps me focus! It has slightly more caffeine than regular green tea, so it’s also a great option if you’re looking for a coffee alternative!
The quality of matcha powder can vary greatly from brand to brand. This is a product where you get what you pay for. A good quality matcha should have a bright green color and a sweet, earthy flavor.
- 4 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 cup of dairy-free milk (oatmilk, almond, or coconut milk)
- 1/2 tablespoon of matcha powder
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- a splash of vanilla extract
- Whipped coconut cream (optional)
- Chocolate chips (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients (except the chocolate chips) for the matcha pudding in another bowl.
- Let the pudding stand for a couple of minutes and then stir again to prevent the sticking of chia seeds.
- Leave in the refrigerator overnight or for at least two hours.
- Divide the chia pudding into small glasses or jars and garnish with chocolate chips and/or coconut whipped cream if desired.