Warm and Spiced Harvest Soup
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cooking time: 35 minutes Serves 6-8
1 tbsp ghee or avocado oil
1 yellow onion
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
3-4 stalks celery, chopped
3 large carrots, cut in circles
5-6 cups bone or chicken broth
2 zucchini, cubed
1/2 pound green beans, chopped into 2-inch pieces
1-2 cups cauliflower, diced
1 cup tomato sauce and/or 3 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt or more to taste
Fresh cilantro and parsley for garnish
- Set the pot over medium heat and add your choice of oil/fat.
- Add the onion to the pot; saute for 5 min until translucent.
- Add salt, cinnamon, garlic, carrots, and celery. Saute for 5 min.
- Add the chicken or bone broth, tomato paste/tomato sauce, bring the soup to a boil, cover with a lid, turn down the heat, and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Once ready, add cubed zucchini, green beans, and cauliflower and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, add more salt if needed, mix. Ladle the soup into the bowl, garnish with cilantro and parsley and serve.