A Salmon bowl is a healthy and tasty dish for lunch or dinner on a weekday or weekend.
Salmon is an excellent source of protein, omega-3 fatty acids, and a variety of vitamins and minerals. The omega-3 fatty acids found in salmon have been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties and may help reduce the risk of heart disease, depression, and certain types of cancer. Additionally, salmon is a good source of vitamin D, which helps the body absorb calcium and is essential for bone health. It also contains vitamin B12, which is important for maintaining healthy nerve cells and red blood cells, and selenium, a mineral that helps protect cells from damage. Eating salmon may also benefit skin health, improve cognitive function and support weight management. Overall, including salmon in a healthy diet can provide a wide range of health benefits.
- 1/2 pound Smoked Salmon
- 1 cup Brown rice
- 4 medium carrots
- Salt and ground pepper to taste
- Parsley for garnish
- 2 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons Wasabi
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon mayo (optional)
- Mix sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Cook the rice according to package instructions and keep it warm.
- Prepare the main ingredients.
- To assemble the bowl, divide the rice evenly among two bowls. Top with cucumbers, avocados, green onions, sesame seeds, and microgreens.
- Place a piece of salmon on top of each bowl, pour over the prepared sauce, and sprinkle with chopped nori seaweed. Serve immediately.