Many recipes for flourless chocolate cakes have long been invented (certainly not invented by us), which require solid particles of cocoa powder. In fact, any quality chocolate contains three of the main four ingredients for any cake – sugar, cocoa powder, which replace flour, and butter, which is fat. Voila! All we need to add is eggs! The only problem with these cakes is that they can get too dry – and no wonder, with so many eggs… That’s why butter (is anyone on a diet here?) and sugar are usually added to chocolate and eggs. And one more small nuance. Acidity. Chocolate is an acidic food, and the role of acid in baking cannot be underestimated. The fact is that any acid helps to structure proteins – remember, if we pour lemon juice on the fish, it instantly becomes opaque – it starts to cook. So in a cake without flour, this becomes very important. That’s why someone once came up with the idea to cook a chocolate cake without flour.
Thus, the new, improved recipe is as follows:
- 2.5 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 eggs
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup cream (whipped)
- Heat the oven to 350F.
- Prepare the form – grease with oil and line the bottom with parchment paper.
- In a mixer, beat the eggs for 5 minutes. Add sugar and beat with a mixer at medium speed for 10 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate in a water bath or in the microwave, stirring occasionally.
- Add melted butter to the eggs and mix thoroughly.
- Pour some of the melted chocolate into the egg mixture and mix gently with a spatula. Gradually add the remaining chocolate.
- Mix cream separately to soft peaks. Gently add ¼ cream to the batter, and mix. Then add the remaining cream and mix well. Pour the mix into the baking form.
- Set it in the oven and bake for about 45 minutes. The toothpick should come out dry, and the cake should be firm to the touch.
- Cool in the form on a wire rack for about an hour. When completely cool, wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 4 hours, preferably overnight.
- To remove the form, run a knife along the walls. Heat the bottom of the pan over the burner for 10 seconds, then invert onto a plate.
- You can sprinkle the ready flourless cake with powdered sugar and decorate it with berries.