Most sunscreen products contain chemicals, preservatives, and toxic substances that disrupt the endocrine system. In some cases, these creams can even contribute to the development of skin cancer and the production of free radicals in the body.
Of course, you can buy ready-made natural UV protection products, but finding them in regular stores is not an easy task.
Sun protection properties of natural ingredients:
- red raspberry seed oil – SPF 25-30;
- shea butter – SPF 4-6;
- coconut oil – SPF 4-6;
- carrot seed oil – SPF 35-40.
But you can make a safe and effective sunscreen at home! To do this, it is not at all necessary to be a professional in the manufacture of cosmetics. It is enough to know certain nuances and subtleties, which we will tell you about today.
Why it makes sense to prepare sunscreen at home:
- All the components necessary to create them are easy to purchase in online stores and pharmacies.
- Homemade sunscreen is ideal for delicate and sensitive skin.
- You can prepare a unique remedy that will personally meet your requirements, skin characteristics, and other parameters.
- Home cosmetics are prepared on the basis of exclusively natural ingredients that do not harm the epidermis.
This is the recipe I used myself – because it is so easy!
- 1 tbsp. non-nano zinc oxide;
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil;
- 2 tbsp. shea butter (melted);
- 8 drops of essential oil (optional – I used carrot seed oil)
- Melt solid oils in a water bath.
- Remove from heat and add zinc oxide and essential oils.
- Pour the resulting mixture into a convenient container.
- As it solidifies, stir the mass several times so that the zinc oxide dissolves.
- Store the cream in a cool dry place or refrigerator.