Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free (optional)
I love zucchini pancakes, especially in summer. I don’t cook them very often, but I always eat them with great pleasure. By the way, they can also be served as a side dish, for example, with fish. They are made very fast, especially if you have a food processor on hand to help you grate them quickly. You need a minimum of technique and skill, and the result is always maximum pleasure! Highly recommend!
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 2 medium Zucchini
- 2-3 eggs
- 1/4 – 1/3 gluten-free flour mix
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- A bunch of greens (cilantro, dill, parsley – to taste)
- ~ 1/2 tsp salt
- Black Ground Pepper to taste
- Avocado oil for frying
- Sour cream (optional) or plain coconut yogurt (optional)
- Grate the zucchini on a coarse grater, manually or using a food processor. Leave them in the bowl for a while so that they give juice.
- In a separate deep bowl, beat the eggs with a pinch of salt, add the gluten-free flour and mix until smooth.
- Then add finely chopped garlic and greens – it can be parsley, dill, cilantro, whatever you like.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste.
- Mix well and put the grated zucchini into the mixture, squeezing them a little, getting rid of excess juice. Mix everything well again. If the “dough” is too liquid – add a little more flour!
- Fry the pancakes in avocado oil in a well-heated pan until cooked. Usually it is 3-4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- To make the shape more round, you can use a culinary ring when putting them into a pan. It is important that the pancakes are well cooked, so if you feel that they are still damp or raw, but are starting to burn, just lower the heat a little and let them cook. And yet you don’t need to make them too big and thick – small and thin ones are much easier to fry.
- Serve zucchini pancakes best with sour cream, it’s tastier. Enjoy your meal!