White Coconut Chili
1 1/2 lb Chicken breasts or thighs cut in 2 inch pieces
4 cloves Garlic
1 Bell pepper, medium
1 pound mushrooms
1/2 cup Cilantro, fresh
1 Cilantro and lime, Fresh wedges
1 Juiced Lime
1 tbsp dried Oregano
1/4 tsp Black pepper
2 tsp Ground Cumin
2 tsp Chili powder
1 tbsp avocado oil/or coconut oil
1 tsp Sea salt
4 cups Chicken or bone broth
1 14-ounce can Coconut milk, full-fat
1 14-ounce can cooked black beans
1 jalapeno to make this chili hot
I omitted hotness factor, so everyone in my family could enjoy this chili.
Vegan Version: To make this chili vegan, add organic firm tofu cut in pieces instead of chicken and use the vegetable broth instead of chicken/bone broth. Tofu will soak the flavors and will taste extra delicious in this dish.
1. Add 1 Tbsp. avocado or coconut oil to a large pan on medium heat. Add onions, garlic, mushrooms, and peppers. Saute 5-6 minutes until onion and peppers starts to soften.
2. Add cumin, oregano, chili powder, salt and pepper. Continue to cook an additional 30-60 seconds or until fragrant.
3. Lay chicken in pan over the onion and pepper mixture. Add 3 cups broth to cover the chicken. Once the liquid starts to simmer, reduce heat, cover and cook for 15 minutes to mix the flavors.
4. Add canned coconut milk, canned black beans, and 1 cup of broth and simmer for an additional 10 minutes.
5. Add lime juice and cilantro. Enjoy!