Moon Chai is a soothing milk-based herbal drink. This Ayurvedic recipe has been a huge success in Western countries, so it has undergone many changes in recent years. It should be drunk in small sips, which allows you to restore balance and harmonize body functions. Moon Chai is a drink based on animal or plant milk that contains adaptogenic spices or superfoods such as turmeric, spirulina, or matcha.
Delicate and whimsical milk drink with oatmeal flavor. The true beauty of the pearl blue color is achieved by adding lavender and natural matcha tea. Give yourself and your loved ones a special memory of a warm evening with a cup of fabulous “Moon Chai”.
For 2 servings you will need:
- 1 cup of water, boiling
- 2 tbsp chamomile flowers (can be replaced with sachets)
- 1 cup of milk (plant-based – my fav is oatmilk right now)
- 5-10 drops of ashwagandha extract or 1/2 -1 tsp ashwagandha root powder
- 1/4 tsp ground dry cardamom
- 1/4 tsp ground dry nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp or less ground dry ginger
- a sprinkle of allspice
- a pinch of dry lavender flowers (optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- a sprinkle of sea salt
- Honey, maple syrup, or another sweetener to taste
- Heat water until boiling.
- Add chamomile flowers and leave for 5-10 minutes.
- Warm up the milk.
- Pour the chamomile infusion into each cup, filling the cup halfway.
- Pour the remaining half with warm milk.
- Add ashwagandha extract, all the rest of the spices, and sea salt to your drink.
- Add sweetener if desired. Stir. I love adding 1/2 teaspoon of raw honey to mine as it also helps to sleep better and is rich in antioxidants and vitamins. Just make sure you are not adding it to a super hot chai as the heat ruins the vitamins.
It is best enjoyed at night before bed to help you get the best dreams and your beauty sleep.
Bon appetit and sweet dreams!