1. Do you accept insurance?
Unfortunately, the standard insurance plans do not cover functional medicine consultations, but we will provide you with billing sheets, which have diagnosis codes and procedure codes, for you to submit directly to your insurance company for reimbursement. It is up to your insurance company to decide whether to reimburse you for your visit and to select the amount they are willing to cover.
2. Do you provide a superbill?
Sprouts Health is a cash only functional medicine practice. If you are seeking insurance plan reimbursement after your visit, you may request a Superbill and submit it to your insurance. Please, call your insurance, if you would like to know how much they may or will reimburse or count towards your deductible (Sprouts Health can not guarantee reimbursement of any kind, each insurance product is unique and many are stubborn.)
3. Do you accept HSA or FSA payments?
We do accept health savings and flex spending accounts to cover all of your treatment services.
4. Will my insurance cover my labwork?
The insurance will cover a part of the lab work done at LabCorp or Sonora Quest. The amount covered will depend on the insurance company as coverage varies greatly from one insurance provider to another.
If you have any other questions regarding pricing or insurance coverage, please contact our office.
5. What if I have a quick question between the appointments?
- Please, expect an answer to your questions within 2-3 business days.
- Messaging portal is for short questions and answers concerning the previous appointment.
- If you have clinical questions that require research or prescriptions, please, make an in-person or a phone follow-up consult.
- There are membership options available if you would like to get consulting and answers to your new medical questions over the patient portal.
6. What is your cancellation policy?
Please, give me at least 3 business day notice for the cancellation of your appointment. A 50-dollar fee will be charged for late cancellations inside of 3 business days. The full amount for the appointment will be charged for no-shows or if the cancellation happens 24 hours or less prior to the appointment.
7. What kind of functional lab testing do you offer?
There are many functional medicine laboratory studies at my fingertips, but I focus on getting the most information with the least expensive route. Lab tests as include stool microbiome evaluation, Organice Acid Test (OATs), heavy metals, food sensitivities, Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO) studies, hormone evaluation, and others depending on the patient’s symptoms and main concerns.