I love quick snacks that are rich in protein and fat because they keep me non-hungry and non-angry for at least 3 hours! So, if you are craving a quick healthy snack – check this recipe out. I have tried many chia seed snacks and experimented with adding certain ingredients and a certain amount of chia seeds to get a perfect consistency. If you add too much – the pudding will become too hard if you add too little – it will be too runny. The creamy texture and easiness of this snack are what makes it perfect for a busy mom-life!
P.S. I am still working on getting my 3-year-old to eat this, but we are making slow progress with other foods (such as spinach and calamari:), so I am ok with her not eating my chia seed pudding yet:)
- 1 1/2 c coconut milk
- 1/3 c chia seeds
- 1/4 c cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon monk fruit sweetener (honey or maple syrup to your taste)
- 1 tsp of lavender flowers (dry)
- Combine coconut milk, chia seeds, lavender, sweetener, and cacao powder.
- Pour into separate cups.
- Set on the counter for 10-20 minutes and mix the pudding 2-3 times before setting it into the fridge. This will prevent the chia seeds from making clumps.
- Leave in the fridge for 3-4 hours before serving.
- Add extra sprinkles of lavender on top and enjoy!