Castor Oil Packs
Castor oil packs are used to stimulate lymph drainage and cleanse the organs and systems of our body. How to and where to apply.
It turns out that castor oil can be used not only to accelerate the growth of eyelashes, or, for example, hair.
Looking for new methods of detoxification, I came across one very interesting way to stimulate cell regeneration and cleanse toxins. And all this, it would seem, could be done only by applying compresses (packs) with castor oil. By applying castor oil stimulating its absorption by heat, we can achieve incredible results!
I have already conducted 2 courses of such compresses, in particular for the liver and uterus. They will come in handy for those who want to improve the outflow of lymph, start the regeneration of organs and systems, in a word, help their body in the fight against many diseases and pathological conditions!
What is castor oil?
Castor oil is obtained from castor oil seeds, whose homeland is India. It is extremely rich in ricinoleic acid, which has special beneficial properties.
This oil has been used for medicinal purposes since ancient times in Japan, China and Egypt.
Why Castor Oil Packs?
This can be described in one phrase – Castor Oil Packs have anti-inflammatory and stimulating lymph properties.
- Improve the main function of the liver – detoxification.
- Help restore the normal function of the uterus and fallopian tubes, preparing the body for pregnancy if you struggle with endometriosis, cysts and other female problems.
- Improve lymph circulation; its stagnation is one of the causes of the development of chronic inflammation and, consequently, many diseases.
- Reduce inflammation.
- Help relieve arthritis symptoms.
- Castor oil is classified by Food and Drug Administration (FDA) as generally recognized as safe and effective for use as a stimulant laxative.
How to Use Castor Oil Packs
- On the right side of the abdomen or on the surface of the entire abdominal wall – in order to maintain the health of the liver and digestive system
- On the lower abdomen in order to help female problems
- For tense / sore muscles and joints
How to Make Castor Oil Packs?
Moisten the fabric (preferably wool) with castor oil and apply it to the desired area, cover the fabric with plastic wrap to prevent the staining of clothes. Castor oil will be absorbed through the skin under the influence of heat in the form of a heating pad. This method has no side effects, many immediately notice that they start to sleep better, they have more energy and their skin becomes better.
You will need:
- Flannel or wool, which can be folded 3 times and it can completely cover the treatment area.
- Castor oil, high-quality, cold-pressed, without Hexane, as it will be absorbed into our blood.
- Plastic film or bag
- A heating pad or a bottle with warm water – to maintain warmth
- Towel, old
- ZipLock bag to store the pack between uses.
- Prepare the compress itself. To do this, fold the fabric into three. The compress itself should be more or less suitable in size to the desired part of the body.
- Begin to soak the finished compress folded three times with castor oil. To do this, I spread the fabric in the bathroom and gently poured oil on it, then twisted it and watched the oil to get evenly distributed, so there would be no dry spots. The main thing is that the fabric is saturated, but the oil does not drip from it! So do not overdo it.
- Put the ready-made triple compress in a ZipLock bag.
- Sit comfortably wherever it is best for you.
- Apply a castor oil pack to your chosen place. Put the plastic bag or wrap it on top. Apply the heating pad. Cover with a towel and blanket.
- After an hour, carefully remove the heating pad and bag.
- Skin oil can be washed off with a natural soap or shower gel. If it is very difficult to wash off, apply a small amount of soda to the skin. In my experience, both my skin and the castor oil pack are almost DRY!
- Store the pack in the ZipLock bag until the next use.
- The procedure must be performed at least 4 days a week for a month. For perfect results, a whole month every day.
- I recommend making compresses with castor oil at night, before bedtime.
- Flannel is suitable for about 30 compresses. Then you need to buy new fabric.
Have you heard about Castor compresses? Have you ever used them?
Zhanna Tarjeft, FNP-BC is a Functional Medicine Family Nurse Practitioner specializing in gut health issues such as SIFO (Small Intestinal Fungal Overgrowth), SIBO (Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth), leaky gut, IBS, Mold illness (CIRS, Biotoxin illness) and in thyroid disorders such as hypothyroid and autoimmune thyroiditis (Hashimoto’s autoimmune thyroiditis). For more information on how to become a patient, please contact our office.